Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ruby Slippers on EBAY?

OMG! I can't take the awesome of insanity that is the Ruby Slippers I just found on EBAY. If you know me at all, you know I love many beautiful things...Tori Amos music, colorful lollipops, pinecones, kitties and of course...THE WIZARD OF OZ! It's been a small obsession of mine since I was a wee lass of only 7 years old. That was the first time I watched The Wizard of Oz. After seeing it I was literally hooked. I had the Dorothy complex running through my young veins. I may not be a huge collector, but I do have a few mini dolls, a metal poster on my wall, scrapbook embellishments and the collectors edition on DVD.

When I was a little girl I would draw pictures of the Emerald City and post it to my wall with tape, then take my Mother's golden Christmas garland and string it through the entire apartment pretending I was making the yellow brick road. Then I would skip along the gold garland until I reached the Emerald City. I can't tell you how many pairs of shoes I ruined gluing red sequence to them lol. Then today I got uber curious and went to EBAY and typed in the words "Ruby Slippers". Guess what I found girls and guys? A REALLY AWESOME Stiletto version of the Ruby Slippers. For $124.99 you can own your very own pair of these custom made beauties. I'm thinking this would be the perfect gift for birthday or Christmas. Or fuck it, just to buy out of the blue in an attempt to re-live my childhood. I am DROOLING over these shoes because they come in size 10 with a wide width which is perfect for those with bigger and more wider feet. So much sparkle and wonder! The world's most famous shoe could very well be in my grasp very soon! AHHH! Insanity of awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sting us with your comment.