Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Death of Osama

Osama Bin laden is officially declared dead by the U.S. Government. I decided early on not to draw upon my own opinion. I wanted to test the waters and observe the opinions of others first. I've heard many to say the least. Twitter is exploding and nearly every friend of mine on Facebook had something to say not one hour after receiving the news. I had my own reaction as well however I only briefly expressed how I felt in Twitter. After numerous post deletions I just kept on watching and waiting. I read someone say and I paraphrase, "How can yawl hate Osama, what was so bad about him? You bombed Hiroshima and killed thousands of innocent people!" Another person stated that we are a country full of hated and I heard countless comments paraphrasing on "F*ck Bin Laden! Rot in Hell bastard! I'm happy he's dead. I'm proud to be an American!"

The hatred spread by the anti-hateful, the ego-mania spread by the internet tough guys...it's limitless.

Just last night it was all over the news that we would be for certain viewing publicly the "death photo of Bin Laden". Thankfully I awoke this morning to the pretty truth that I would not have to look at it and he can stay buried at sea where they left him. Why was he buried at sea? Oh yes I forgot, he still gets to maintain his "traditions" after all the people's lives and countless traditions he took away. But we bombed Hiroshima. Let us as ourselves why acts of violence are made. I don't personally condone acts of violence nor war, however if you put yourselves in their shoes...it's all about who attacks first and protection of country. So I'm just going to speak like I'm all about it.  But I'm not really ;)

No one just puts their tail between their legs. Well actually, maybe I could name a few but let's not make ourselves out to be "high and mighty Americans." Look people, so the victims of 9/11 want to see a little justice, I think after 10 years you could grant them that without all the complaint. I think if they have hate in their hearts they can now breath a sigh of relief. Sure they might be blinded by the fact that this might just cause more war between the Afghans and the United States, but people are allowed to feel something when the killer of their loved one(s) is finally brought to justice no matter what terms. It's not a celebration of his death, it's a celebration of the beginning of the destruction of a terrorist cell. Who knows, maybe we could finally get some fucking peace around here....I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sting us with your comment.